Minecraft 1.20 Update - 23W04A Snapshot
The upcoming Minecraft 1.20 update is planned to bring some wondrous changes to the worlds of a Minecraft server! With a newly released Snapshot, we can now see more of what's inside including new armor trims, crafting recipes, and a redesign to the smithing table. Alongside this, a developer at Mojang also shared some exciting new images of the Sniffer coming in the future!
Strap on your best smithing gear as we enter the forge to explore the latest exciting features in the Minecraft 1.20 update and how you can play them on your Minecraft server! 🔨
How to Play a Minecraft Snapshot on Your Server
- To begin, go to your Minecraft server panel and stop your server.
- After, to the left under “Server Management”, select “Switch Server Type”.
- Next, use the search bar to find “Snapshot” and once found, use the “Version” dropdown to select “23w04a”. Afterward, press “Install Selected” to start the installation.
- Lastly, finish the installation of the snapshot by selecting any files you’d like to delete. Then, press “Install 23w04a” to finish the installation. You can now join your server and begin enjoying the Minecraft 1.20 update snapshot!
Try the Minecraft 1.20 Update Snapshot with Friends
Being one of a number of snapshots still to come for the Minecraft 1.20 update, we’re excited to see what else is on its way. You can also see what’s in store and enjoy the update together with others when you play with friends on a Minecraft 1.20 Snapshot server. Packed with all of the benefits of a custom server panel, DDoS protection, and a support team that always has your back, you can dig into the snapshot features until Minecraft 1.20 officially releases!
All New Features in Snapshot 23W04A
- Over 600+ new Armor Trims to try
- Available for all armor except leather
- Purely visual but look amazing
- Uses Iron, Copper, Gold, Lapis, Emerald, Diamond, Netherite, Redstone, Amethyst, and Quartz
- Redesign to Smithing Tables
- Now a workstation to upgrade and modify equipment
- Smithing Templates define the type of armor being made
- Addition of Smithing Template items
- Changes to Netherite equipment crafting